Rugged, craggy and jungle-clad Cat Ba, the largest island in Halong Bay, has experienced a tourism surge in recent years. The central hub of Cat Ba Town is now framed by a chain of low-rise concrete hotels along its once-lovely bay, but the rest of the island is largely untouched and as wild as ever. With idyllic Lan Ha Bay just offshore you’ll soon overlook Cat Ba Town’s overdevelopment.
So the options of transportation to get here are: Ferry and Speed boat, what is difference ?
1. Combo Package Hanoi – Cat Ba island : GOODMORNING CAT BA BUS
As the pickup from your hotel is included, non road pickup on the way as local buses, plus with speed boat, this combo make your journey 1hour 30 minutes quicker than traditional way using local buses and a ferry with many unconvenices things.
- Departure: Daily guarantee
- Time pickup from Hanoi to Cat ba : 07:15 / 10:30 / 14:00
- Time pick up from Cat ba to Hanoi : 08:30 / 12h00/ 15:30
- Duration: 3 hours – 3,5 hours
- Cost: 16 USD/person/one way
- Pick up at Hotel in Hanoi old quarter, Drop off at Hotel in Cat Ba Island
- Free Wifi + A Bottle Water + Cool Tower + Snack on Bus
On the way to Cat Ba, you will supported by water, cookies, tissue and tour guide during the trip. Also with a voucher for free kayking on Goodmorning Cat Ba Bus
2. Public bus – ferry – bus packages
The other way to get to Cat Ba is by ferry. If travelling from Hanoi your best bet is to buy a bus-ferry-bus ticket from Gia Lam bus station or some bus company organise and pick you up from Hanoi old quarter. Hoang Long is the main operator and has buses leaving Hanoi at 05:20, 07:20 and 11:20. The bus to Haiphong city takes 2.5 to 3 hours then you’ll have 1 hour or may be more depent on the traffic on the ferrry to Phu long Pier. Then an other hour by bus to Cat Ba town.